YOUTH LEADERSHIP COUNCIL
The OGYF Youth Leadership Council will be formed as a diverse group of dedicated young people from the National Capital Region who are looking to have their voices heard and advocate, as a collective, for their community.
The Youth Leadership Council will help identify the needs of youth in the Ottawa and Gatineau region and champion key projects that they believe will provide a measurable impact in our community, while advising the OGYF staff and Board on granting decisions in the areas of physical wellness, mental wellness, and social justice.
*The council can count towards your community service hours, both meetings and impact events!
• Provide input on funding projects;
• Lead OGYF social justice funding and projects;
• Activate social media take-overs for various projects/ ad-hoc events;
• Receive mentorship opportunities with community leaders;
• Meet like minded youth;
• Gain experience by sitting on committees of the board of directors;
• (Once events are back to ‘normal’…) Own your own youth focused event and participate in other OGYF events
Be the voice of your peers and create the change you want in your community!